News and Reports
M Adams Recognized as Outstanding Woman of Color
M Adams, co-executive director of Freedom, Inc., is being recognized by the University of Wisconsin-Madison as one of Seven Outstanding Women of Color for 2015-16. The award is offered by University of Wisconsin Voices.
A campus-wide reception to honor the Outstanding Women of Color will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Lounge of the Pyle Center at UWM. The public is welcome to attend.
The full list of awardees are:
- Earlise Ward, Associate Professor, School of Nursing; Faculty, Health Equity Leadership Institute (HELI), Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, School of Medicine & Public Health;
- Heather Johnson, M.D., M.S., Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, School of Medicine & Public Health;
- Esmeralda Rodriguez, Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Curriculum & Instruction, School of Education;
- Emilie Songolo, Senior Academic Librarian at Memorial Library;
- Lori Kido Lopez, Assistant Professor of Media & Cultural Studies, Department of Communication Arts, College of Letters & Science;
- M. Adams, Co-Executive Director of Freedom, Inc. ; and
- Joselyn Diaz-Valdes, Senior Advisor, Office of Student Financial Aid
M Adams is part of a team at Freedom, Inc. If you believe she deserves this award, then please consider making a financial contribution to Freedom, Inc. TODAY so that we can continue our important work.
The entire Freedom, Inc. family congratulates M for this well deserved recognition.